Sunday, January 5, 2014

Day Five:

Scripture:
  A happy heart makes the face cheerful
       Proverbs 15:13

Quote:
   Time to do what makes your soul happy

Song:
   Happy by Fiona Lewis


  Yes! This one is about being happy! Who wouldn't be happy with everything I have? I looked back today and remembered reading this quote, "When God gives you a "no" give him a "thank you." He was protecting you from less than his best." What an incredible statement. I have been given so many things in my life and so many reason to be happy.
   First of all, my girls. Everyone knows how much my girls mean to me and how much joy they bring to my life. I have both of their laughs recorded on my phone for when I need to hear them, feel them, and be near to them while they are away. My biggest struggle was knowing I would be spending less time with Maddie. I had never had to share her so this was very hard on me (still is). I finally had to sit down and write down the pros and cons of her going back and forth. Obviously, this all started out very selfishly. "He left, not me, why do I have to share?" and "This isn't fair on ME!" You name it I was thinking it. I then started easing into the idea of her needing both mom and dad. This wasn't about ME, or HIM, it was about her. We both love her and we both want her to be Happy. Having her away from me will never be easy, however, I know she is in good hands.
  Second, I have an amazing family. I have three brothers who would walk through fire for me. My dad would move mountains for me if he had the ability. My cousins and aunts and uncles have called to check on us and have always been there for us. Having an incredible family is another reason for me to be happy.
  Third, (I truly have more to be happy for but these are the three toppers!) My friends. My friends have been my shoulder to cry on, my punching bag, the people bailing me out, my bodyguards, my comedians, my roommates (Micah) and my therapists. I truly believe friends and family are key to happiness and mine have helped me get here. They were the ones answering the phone at 4 am. Finding any and every contact possible to help the girls and I. They were the ones making me laugh so hard until I couldn't walk. My friends, I owe you one (or 17 million).
  Lastly, I am happy that I am me. I know the miles I've had to walk and the burdens I've had to carry. I could have become bitter from a lifetime of hardships, however, God has given me so many things to be gratetful, thankful, and happy for. I am thankful for every broken dream, promise, and road because I am exactly where I should be.

This video made my girls laugh so hard.





No comments:

Post a Comment