Friday, January 10, 2014

Day Nine:

Scripture: 
   Commit to the Lord whatever you do and he will establish your plans.
                     Proverbs 16:3

Quotes: 
    Lace up your shoes, it's going to be a journey, but the things you learn about yourself along the way are worth it.


Song: 
      Every Storm Runs Out of Rain by Gary Allan




Bare with me ..... My wrist is pretty inflamed right now thanks to extreme tendonitis! Hence the day off yesterday.

  Today has been a very long day. I could feel my patience warring thin all day. Everything seemed to irritate me. I hate days like these. I am usually a very balanced person, I can take on the unexpected, handle the stress, and cope with frustrating things. Today was more of a struggle.

   I found myself asking God for patience all day. I remember looking back on the past couple of years and this seems to be a reoccurring prayer. I believe I have been receiving the answers and solutions to my request all along. God doesn't give us the things we can't handle. I also don't believe He hands us things on a silver platter. When we ask God for something, he usually provides us with the solution by teaching us how to use the tools we are given. Everytime I ask God for patience, EVERYTHING seems to push me to the breaking point. This is where He is teaching me. I need to learn to be patient and possibly the reason for my impatience is me. Did I get enough sleep? Did I eat today? (Hangry feeling). Am I stressed about something else?

   The tools God provides me are the ability to talk myself through things and rely on His grace when things are too much. I believe in a God that allows me to fall apart in order to come back to His stable foundation. Furthermore, I believe God has given me the ability to take on many things all at once and perhaps my patience is tested when I push beyond what I am needing to focus on.

  I leave you with this thought. Remember that when we pray, it's ok to ask for things, it's ok to be confused and frustrated, and it's ok to angry at the days events. With all of our needs, we must not forget to be thankful for the tools God has given us already and the gifts he has blessed us with.

No comments:

Post a Comment